Xtra Skin Food
Regular price R 82.00
Xtra Skin Food is a fragrance-free selection of Ecologic’s finest cold-pressed plant, seed and nut oils. This unique blend of carrier oils is rich in natural nutrients, Essential Fatty Acids, antioxidants and vitamins.
The thoughtfully selected synergy of oils in Xtra Skin Food is jam-packed with an intense boost of natural moisture and antioxidants to quench thirsty skins. The powerful blend of plant extracts has a balanced light-medium weight texture that drenches the skin with vital support without unpleasant oiliness or a greasy residue.
This precious blend of nourishment is housed in a slim glass bottle with a soft roller ball for application. The rolling head makes using Xtra Skin Food mess-free and ensures each vital drop is delivered to the skin. The roller ball also helps to target specific areas where additional replenishment is required and stimulates circulation by giving your skin a gentle massage.
- Avocado Oil is as delicious as the fruit itself. Avocado Oil is high in Phytosterols which are soothing and healing on the skin. Avocado Oil has a high Sterol content of about 10% and contains Squalene which makes its a viable oil to rebuild fragile or damaged skins. Studies have shown that Avocado oil can mobilize and increase collagen in connective tissue. Avocado oil is incredibly softening and moisturising due to it’s high Oleic Acid content- about 75%!
- Macadamia Nut Oil is the ideal inclusion for mature skins or dry skins that struggle to maintain moisture. Macadamia Nut Oil contains high amounts of Palmitoleic Acid (16-23%), Oleic Acid (54-63%), Linoleic Acid and Phystosterols. Palmitoleic Acid is not an ‘essential’ fatty acid because it is naturally present in the body, however, this fatty acid does deplete rapidly in the skin with age. Palmitoleic Acid delays the skin’s ageing process and discourages wrinkles from forming in the skin. Phystosterols are important building blocks in the cell membrane structure. These help to aid the skin’s recovery from mild trauma and act as an anti-inflammatory. Sterols have a soothing, regenerative effect on the skin’s cells.
- Rosehips oil is high in Vitamins E, C, D and B-carotene which makes it a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-ageing ingredient. The abundance of anti-oxidants in Rosehips Oil defends the skin’s cells from oxygen-thieving free radicals found in everyday environments. Vitamin C and B-carotene are vital components to stimulate collagen production within the body which improves the skin’s texture. Rosehips oil functions as a cytophylatic which increases new cell turnover. This youthful oil also contains an abundance of Essential Fatty Acids, including the valuable anti-inflammatory, Gamma Linolenic Acid which assists in reducing redness in skin tone and enhancing a healthy, glowing complexion.
- Wheatgerm Oil is a nuturing oil that is rich in Essential Fatty Acids, protein, minerals and especially, Vitamin E. The protein and Vitamin E in Wheatgerm Oil helps to recover and repair damaged skin. Vitamin E is vital to a healthy skin and gives skin a gorgeous glow. Vitamin E helps to maintain an even skin tone and is a powerful anti-oxidant that protects from the damage of free-radicals and loss of oxygen in the skin’s cell.
- Sesame is considered the oldest known oilseed crop to humanity. It is a rich source of Vitamins E, B, D Complex and minerals, Calcium and Phosphorus. Sesame oil is a precious oil as it is overflowing with a youthful anti-oxidant called Sesamol. Sesamol discourages the formation of wrinkles and small pores and protects against sun damage. Sesamol forms a protective film on the skin which shields the skin from the penetration of the sun. Sesame Oil is also rich in Linoleic Acid which provides Sesame it’s anti-inflammatory properties. Linoleic Acid also prevents Trans-epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) by sealing in the moisture content of the skin, preventing excess loss of water content.
- Calendula is a rich source of the potent anti-inflammatory, Linoleic Acid and is an incredible healer of the skin. Calendula helps to increase blood flow and oxygen to traumatic areas of the skin, which assists the body in growing new tissue and healing more rapidly. The oils and acids in Calendula Oil have also shown antimicrobial and antiviral properties believed to defend the body of pathogens.
- Suitable for all skin types
- For day/evening use
- Can be used daily or as needed
Cold pressed oils of Calendula officinalis (Calendula), Macadamia integrifolia (Macadamia), Rosa eglantaria (Rosehips), Sesamum indicum (Sesame), Persea gratissima (Avocado), Triticum vulgare (Wheatgerm), Denotes Organic ingredients